The Automatic Feeding System (AFS) is the only automatic fish feeder designed specifically to work with the Apex AquaController. Not only does it seal your food to keep it dry, but it meters out small amounts of food on the schedule you set right in your Apex. And, you can set up more complex feeding routines that tell it to feed only after doing things like turning off your pumps, skimmer, etc. and then having them come back on automatically after feeding time!
- Feeds pellet or flake food in varying amounts Apex can be set so that the AFS will feed from one time to as many times as you like throughout the day
- Connects via the Apex Aquabus “Stay Dry” system has a sealed food container that extends and retracts for each feeding. This keeps food dry and prevents clumping and clogging.
- The lowest setting feeds just a few grains of pellet food so multiple small feedings are possible
- Allows for optimal feeding — small amounts many times a day
- Feedings can be combined with other operations such as powering off return pumps, skimmer, etc. and then automatically turning them back on after a set amount of time.
- Adjustable mounting clip extends up to two inches (or velcro can be used) so it will work in almost every aquarium configuration.
- Includes 10′ AquaBus-mini Cable Compatible with the Apex, Apex Lite, and Apex Jr. AquaControllers.
- Multiple feeders can be daisy-chained together so that you can have more feed for extended periods away from home or if you want to feed two different kinds of foods.
Build complex feeding routines with the Apex and the AFS
Since your AFS is part of the Apex ecosystem, you can build automated feeding routines that really do all the work for you. Imagine kicking off a symphony of operations on a timed schedule, like this:
- Turn off skimmer
- Turn off return pump(s)
- Set VorTech pumps to Tidal Surge
- Dim LED lights to 40%
- Wait 5 minutes
- AFS feed cycle x 2
- Wait 10 minutes
- Turn on return pump(s)
- Wait 10 minutes
- Turn on skimmer
- Turn LED lights back to normal